In this article I want to discuss with you, sandwich preparation tables, which are also known as commercial sandwich units, which is basically a food preparation table that is refrigerated. These are typically found in restaurants that have salad bars or sandwich shops.
Here are some common commercial sandwich unit repair problems that we come across on a daily basis:
- The open ingredient section is not keeping the food fresh, so they are spoiling – In most cases this is because the unit is too close to the oven, stove or maybe it is in the sun which is causing the food to spoil. To fix this problem simply put the equipment in a different location away from all the equipment that produces heat, as well as out of the sunlight.
- The unit is not cooling down – this could be caused by several problems, check to see if the condenser and the evaporator have ice built up on it. If you notice ice on any of these components, immediately call a commercial appliance repair technician to fix it for you. If there is no ice, then check to see if the unit has other items too close to it, especially by the vents, which could be preventing it from breathing. If you do, then remove the items, these units need space to breathe so they can function properly.
- The compressor is not turning on – This could mean that your compressor is overheating, so the unit is shutting down as a safety mechanism. Check to see if anything is blocking the vents for the compressor, which could be obstructing the airflow. If there is enough airflow, then you may need to call a restaurant equipment repairman to check it for you to see if it can be repaired or if it needs to be replaced.
Why you should hire a professional service company to fix the problem?
- Having your unit running efficiently is necessary so that your food does not create food-borne illnesses because of bacteria.
- Units that are functioning properly will use less electricity and will have a longer life span.
- Regular maintenance will help you to minimize breakdowns.
Here are some parts that we regularly change in sandwich units:
- Gasket for the drawers
- Gaskets or the door
- Filters for the condenser
For more tips visit www.abeqwa.com